This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
webPOISONCONTROL® is a free online tool and app that provides immediate triage recommendations and automated follow-up for acute, unintentional exposures to a vast array of products and substances. It was created for those who cannot or will not call Poison Control but still need its help for suspected poisonings, bringing the expertise of Poison Control to consumers where they want it - online.
webPOISONCONTROL has managed more than 537,000 exposures to common substances like personal care products, cleaning products, medicines and homeopathic remedies, pesticides and insecticides, plants, bites and stings, recreational substances, and more. Join us if you are curious about the data that drive the recommendations provided to consumers by the tool, and how you can work with us. Together we can ensure consumers get the most appropriate guidance for possible poisonings.
In this webinar presenters will:
- Briefly describe the U.S. Poison Control System.
- Demonstrate the consumer-facing side of webPOISONCONTROL.
- Explain how the tool determines the potential toxicity of consumer products and advises users, and how companies can help us make sure our information on their products is correct.
- Show trends and descriptive statistics in the webPOISONCONTROL data set using a real-time exposure surveillance dashboard.
- To make CHPA members aware of webPOISONCONTROL as a tool that their consumers are using to get help with unintentional exposures to their products.
- To show how NCPC's toxicologists decide what is conveyed to webPOISONCONTROL users in terms of triage recommendation and first aid advice.
- To demonstrate how NCPC and its partners use a real-time data surveillance dashboard to monitor exposures.