This live web event has ended. Thank you for attending.
As more people have become familiar with supplements, we expect the future to be very bright for the industry. Some of the key entry categories remain innovative the more consumer-friendly delivery formats mean that more shoppers will stick in the category. We think the shifting mindset of supplements being part of the food as medicine movement will propel innovation and meet the values-oriented shoppers where they are.
- Sports and Active Nutrition has been the fastest-growing supplement category for each of the past two years.
- Coming off a few record-breaking years, the overall VMS landscape is flat in growth over the past 52 weeks, with most channels showing a decline in units sold.
- The permanency of the behavior change for shoppers shifting online during the pandemic was overstated, with 92% of the growth in the category coming from brick and mortar store vs Amazon.
- Discuss why supplement prices have held pretty firm compared to food and beverages.
- Discuss niche demographic categories like creatine are expanding their reach to women and older generations.
- Discuss why consumers remain interested in key health focuses like immune, hydration, and joint support.